Friday, May 21, 2010

What do donkeys do in Middle TN?

So, I have the privilege of working with alcoholics and addicts and I often get to take them to an AA meeting. Picture this: Me, a 18 passenger van and a van full of wonderful recovering addicts in rehab! It is so fun! We are not allowed to listen to the radio so we must entertain ourselves and I have to say this is when you have to think fast so we do not get on the topic," When I was high......"
So, we pass this empty pasture and there are always a couple of donkeys hanging out. I asked the ladies what do donkey's do here in middle TN. We spent the drive thinking of many things a donkey could possible do in this day in age and in the middle of Nashville. It is fun to make them laugh. They spend most days crying and a good laugh can heal a hurting heart. I love these women! They inspire me continue to move forward on the days I can't stop crying. They come in all shapes, colors, and age but their desire to want something better is the same.
When we returned back to rehab I googled " What do donkeys do?" The results were that they are great companions and they protect sheep. I thought since maybe I can' t get a date, I should look into getting a donkey. I could be the first in East Nashville to have one. I could even write a song about it. ( more to come ) Today, I feel like a squirrel and that is OK!
P.S. This blog does not have to make sense.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, get a donkey, get a donkey! It's almost as good as a baby cow. PS. Love your story.

    ReplyDelete